Getting the Access Token
We need a system user to obtain a permanent token that will be used to send the OUTBOUND messages, upload the media and manage the templates.
We based this doc of this Meta Business Help Article - Add System Users to Your Business Manager
- Go to Meta Business Settings and select the business you created / selected when setting up Cloud API.
- First click in the sidebar on "System users" and on the page "System users" page click on "Add"
- Give a name for the System user and in the System user role select "Admin" and click "Create system user"
- Select the newly created System user and click on "Add Assets"
- In the window that opens you will need to select the App we created previously when setting up Cloud API:
- In the sidebar click on "Apps"
- Select the App you created previously
- Give "Full control" to the system user
- Click on "Save Changes"
- A confirmation dialog may pop up, just click on "Done"
- Next click on "Generate new token"
- Select the app that we added in the previous step
- A list of permissions will be loaded, you will need to select the three following permissions:
- After selecting all the required permissions scroll to the bottom and click on "Generate Token"
- Now you will be shown the created access token, copy it in a text file / note until we save it to Hilos
- Go to Hilos > Settings > WhatsApp setup and you will paste the token in the text field that says "What's your system user access token?"